||Tool and Die Repair Huntsville 2157642|
General Purpose of the Job
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricated and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Troubleshoot and repair Progressive, Blank, and Transfer Dies.
• Machine, grind, and fit punches and details through knowledge of tooling, machining, and die functions.
• Disassembles dies, inspects, welds, repairs, grinds, and fits details into dies.
• Troubleshoot and repairs dies in the press room.
• Repairs damaged details, sharpens, aligns, and times dies while in press.
• Die set-up, pilot releases, timing, and feed mechanisms are occasionally adjusted.
• Required knowledge of steels, coatings, and material.
• Comply with requirements as outlined in the company handbook and the OHSA.
• Practice good housekeeping.
• Regular and prompt attendance.
• Practices and obeys the environmental, health and safety rules of the company.
• Other duties that may be assigned.
Please apply today!