|>> Return to Job Search|
Managing Principal, Oil and Gas Practice Houston 19236
||Managing Principal, Oil and Gas Practice Houston 19236|
Managing Principal, Oil & Gas Practice
Location: Houston, Texas
Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. We provide integrated, multidisciplinary services to identify and assess liabilities and risks, and to develop solutions to planning, environmental assessment, regulatory compliance consulting, implementation, and monitoring. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, water resources management, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, information management, environmental monitoring, in-situ/ex-situ remedial design and implementation, human health and ecological risk assessments, air quality permitting and reporting, pipeline compliance, storm-water permitting and planning, and audit support services .
We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career. This position is a leadership position focused on operational issues, business development, client relations, and technical delivery. The successful candidate will contribute to business operations and growth primarily in the intermountain west, Texas, and the gulf coast, but also throughout North America.
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Anticipate medium and long term client needs and industry dynamics
- Build, grow and develop a team of high performers
- Provide mentoring for more junior staff in the consulting practice and in client development
- Participate in strategic planning, business, proposal and capabilities development and project billable activities
- Oversee the work quality, technical delivery and quality control for contracts secured
- Bring industry relationships/teaming arrangements such that our company can evaluate opportunities, lay the ground work for future pursuits and close on contracts
- Be creative in looking to capture or develop new service lines related to environmental business growth
- Manage budgets, overhead, and expenses, proposal and business development budgets as appropriate
- Assess, and when needed, make recommendations to improve service quality, hire additional resources and business improvements to management
- Work collaboratively with practice leaders, sector leaders and operations leaders.
20 plus yrs experience with a degree in environmental science, or related field. Experience in Private Sector Consulting required
Qualified candidates are invited to apply.
- PE or PG
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Ability to lead cross functional technical teams
- Quality management and quality control skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Successful business development track record
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Team building skills
Keywords:West University Place, Bellaire, Jacinto City, Galena Park, South Houston, Pasadena, TX, Cloverleaf, Aldine, Missouri City, Pearland, Dallas, Channelview,, Stafford, Humble, Missouri Bend
Stantec - View All Jobs From Stantec
Stantec, founded in 1954, provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. Continually striving to balance economic, environmental, and social responsibilities, we are recognized as a world-class leader and innovator in the delivery of sustainable solutions. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets, at every stage, from initial concept and financial feasibility to project completion and beyond.
In simple terms, the world of Stantec is the water we drink, the routes we travel, the buildings we visit, the industries in which we work, and the neighborhoods we call home.
Our services are provided on projects around the world through approximately 11,000 employees operating out of more than 170 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally. Stantec trades on the TSX and on the NYSE under the symbol STN.
Stantec is One Team providing Integrated Solutions.