||Environmental Services Business Developer Louisville 19225|
Environmental Services Business Developer
Location: Louisville, KY
Our Environmental Management group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, and Information Management. We help our clients to identify and respond to opportunities and threats within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include endangered species assessments, habitat restoration, wetland characterizations, and water resources management. We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career.
This position is for a senior level consultant who will be responsible for growing our Ecosystem Services consulting business in Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and beyond. This exciting position has business development, technical ecosystem services consulting and management responsibilities. We are looking for a unique individual who has this technical expertise and the ability to market and grow our environmental services. Candidate must have prior environmental marketing and business development experience and a broad network in the Midwest/ Southeast United States and the ecosystem services market. Client base includes wind energy, oil and gas, coal shale and transportation, among others.
Our Ecosystem Services team currently includes 16 professionals with diverse scientific expertise including wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, environmental policy and permitting, GIS, and information management. Key services include:
Key Responsibilities of this Position Include:
- Wetland permitting, restoration, mitigation planning and design, wetland treatment;
- Ecological Assessments (birds, bats, fish, mussels, macroinvertebrates, plants, T&E);
- NEPA – EA, EIA, CE, FONSI, NPDES permitting, 401/404, Biological Assessments, water quality monitoring.
- Lead business development and marketing by building new and existing client relationships
- Lead proposal development, including scope, budget, schedule, contract negotiations and managing client relations to ensure complete satisfaction
- Serve as an Account Manager for key accounts
- Hire, mentor and retain technical staff and senior project managers
- Maintain a high profile externally through membership in professional organizations, continually increasing client contact base
All qualified candidates are invited to apply
- Proven track record with providing environmental services and business development environmental sciences business development, with a focus on energy and transportation sectors – wetlands, ecological assessments and NEPA.
- Undergraduate degree in a science-related field is required. A MS or MBA is desirable.
- 7+ years of experience in business development for a professional environmental services firm
- Highly organized and self-motivated, resilient under stress, team oriented
- Demonstrated expertise in FERC, PHMSA, USACE, USFWS and NEPA
- Seen as a leader, as a result of your technical, industry and competitive knowledge
- Strong professional interpersonal skills, especially communication, delegation, team building
- Highly effective verbal and written communication, proficient in MS Office
- Position location in Louisville, Kentucky or Cincinnati, Ohio.
Keywords: Jeffersonville, IN, Clarksville, IN, New albany, IN, Shively, KY, Saint Matthews, KY, Newburg, Lyndon, Okolona, Highview, Jeffersontown, Fern Vreek, Valley Station, Shelbyville, Radcliff, Bardstown,
Norwood, Finneytown, Reading, OH, Newport, Fort Thomas, Covington, North College Hill, Blue ash, Montgomery, OH, Sharonville, White Oak, Springdale, Northbrook, Forest Park, Edgewood